NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Korea Pop Wars in the News (sort of)

Hrm. There was a little writeup yesterday in the Joongang Daily about me. Just a short piece that touched on this blog, the Gig Guide, POP GOES KOREA and whatnot.

I would point out that the description of the IndiefulROK blog at the end of the story was Anna's own words, not mine. For a moment I thought the reporter was quoting me, and I did not recall saying anything like that.

1 comment:

dokebi said...

I didn't know you had written a book!

I agree that KPop music = bubblegum!! (isn't this also the case with JPop?)

W/ stuffs I'm listening to right now I probably wouldn't be able to enjoy Kpop ever, unless as u say it achieves greater depth & range.

These are some of the artists that I listen to -

Fields, Andrew Bird, Beirut, Bell X1, Belle & Sebastian, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, The Republic Tigers, We the They, Radiohead, Cloud Cult, Death Cab for Cutie, The Decemberists, Interpol, Kings of Convenience, Modest Mouse, REM, etc.

nvm