NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Monday, December 25, 2006

No Box Office (yet).
Instead, Random Notes and Whatnot 5

With the holiday, this week's box office report will be lately. Hopefully I will get it by late tomorrow evening, but no promises. Instead, I present random blather.

Inspired by Japan Probe's list of the year's best commercials in Japan, I present you with CIS: Chamisul. Get it? CIS? CSI? CSI is huge in Korea... major ratings, all the time. Chamisul is the most popular brand of soju. Anyhow, I thought the ad was rather witty and well done.

And, as an added bonus, if you go to that link, you can find links to some old soju ads, from 1975 and 1959. Very sweet.

Also, there is that Boa Nike ad, which featured the Go Team song. (And the Japanese version here).

Nice dancer. (And here he is in Japan).

Nice, uh, mangoes.

I think this Ha Ji-won ad was 2005, but I don't care.

In the holiday spirit, I present:
1) Normail Mailer nearly biting off Rip Torn's ear.

2) Dorothy Parker's "Resume":

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: