Pretty amazing -- TRANSFORMERS pulled in 75.5% of the box office last weekend. Three out of every hour tickets sold were to a Michael Bay movie! The mind reels.
Title - Weekend Seoul Admissions - Total Nationwide Admissions
1. Transformers - 337,209 - 1,313,278
2. Black House - 39,820 - 825,034
3. Ocean's 13 - 24,920 - 1,153,541
4. Shrek 3 - 16,295 - 2,677,564
5. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End - 4,168 - 4,510,855
6. Captivity - 3,474 - 180,811
7. Secret Sunshine - 3,674 - 1,570,121
8. Hwang Jin-yi - 3,477 - 1,167,290
9. Never Forever - 3,348 - 76,751
10. Love & Other Disasters - 3,477 - 244,430
Funny to see films Nos. 6-10 pretty much in a dead heat.
Sorry for the lack of updates at the moment, but as I have said before, the book is in its end stages. Just finished another chapter... uploaded some pics to the publisher.
And, just because this was not tough enough, I decided to raise the level of difficulty by breaking my wrist and elbow. Well, just a little. Actually, I fell and hurt myself three weeks ago now. Thought I had a little hairline fracture on the Ulna, right at the wrist. It was annoying, but I could handle it (and type). But on my follow-up visit, the doctor notices the elbow was cracked, too. So now I have a really big splint on my entire arm. It does not even hurt anymore... just makes me feel like an idiot.
Best theory/summation yet on the end of the THE SOPRANOS is here.