NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

'Pop Goes Korea' Gets a Cover
(Let the Judging Begin)

Work on POP GOES KOREA continues, step by step. Whenever I think I have my work done, my lovely editor likes to think up more things to change or add or whatever. Slowly, however, we are getting the book into shape.

Now, the book is not going to hit store shelves until around June-ish, but I do have the cover already. And I guess this is as good a time as any to present it to the world. So, ladies and gentlemen, here is POP GOES KOREA:


Pretty spiffy, no? Kind of a Roy Lichtenstein look going on there, with the color saturation turned way up. Very eye-catching.

In fact, there is even a page for my book over at Amazon.com. I am a little embarrassed to admit that it feels really good to see my work turning up online already. Feels like I have accomplished something semi-substantial for once.

Now, if I can just make sure that the writing is not terrible...

4 comments:

Clifton said...

Hi Mr. Russell,

I found your book on Amazon.com last night (I dig the cover!). I can't tell you how excited I am to read it.

I just finished my BA in communications and poli sci in the San Francisco Bay Area, and have been following Hallyu for some time from across the Pacifc. It's quite surprising to me that, given its impact, this phenomenon has not been reported on more widely.

I'm wondering, what drew you to Seoul and the study of its mass media?

Mike said...

Mark.

I would like a signed copy of your book when it is completed.

Anonymous said...

Congrats. You've definitely put the time in!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark!

Conrats! Just pre-ordered your book o amazon--can't wait to read what I know is gonna be an inforative, entertaining and lush text. Will have to get it autographed if and when i next make it over to Seoul.