NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pop Goes Korea's European Vacation

Okay, not really a vacation. But I have been invited to the Far East Film Festival in Udine, Italy this year, to enjoy their selection of Asian films and to talk about POP GOES KOREA. Not a vacation, but not exactly work, either.


Whatever it is, I am very excited to be attending. The very nice people at Udine have invited me for years... But it always seemed like I was too busy in late April to go. Mostly because of all the writing I had to do in preparation for Cannes. This year, though, I am Cannes-free, and the book is done, so it seemed like a really good time to go.

I have no idea what to expect. I know I am a writer, not a filmmaker (although I am a writer about filmmakers). But I have been told there will be copies of my book for sale (at a discount) at the festival book store. So if you are planning on attending Udine, I would be happy to sign your copy.

No comments: