NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Saturday, March 31, 2007

To Bae or Not to Bae...

Friday I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of Bae Doona's travel photography book DOONA'S LONDON PLAY (big thanks to Taste Factory for that). LONDON PLAY was published by Taste Factory together with the entertainment company Yellow Media in summer last year, and features pictures by and about the actress Bae Doona as she traveled in London.


Of course, Bae Doona has been in a lot of TV shows and movies, including THE HOST, LINDA LINDA LINDA, BARKING DOGS NEVER BITE and TAKE CARE OF MY CAT (although the less said about TUBE or SPRING BEARS LOVE the better).

I would never claim to know any celebrities based on their characters or how they appear at press conferences, but I have long liked Ms Bae. Not sure why, but there has always been something appealing and real about her. A little odd, but in a good way.


If you are a big fan of Ms Bae, good news, she has another book coming out soon -- BAE DOONA'S TOKYO PLAY.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark
As a Londoner and a fan of Ms Bae, I'd love to get my hands on that book. Where is it available?
Philip

Mark Russell said...

Kyobo Books sells Bae Doona's book. But I have never tried ordering from Kyobo online to an overseas address before, so I do not know how well it works (if at all).

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mark
Seoul Selection are sourcing it for me now.
Philip