NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Baik's New Album No Boo-Boo

Thanks to Indieful ROK for pointing out that Baik Hyun-jhin is about to release his first solo album in March. Baik is the main guy behind UH UH BOO PROJECT BAND, one of the more interesting Korean indie bands of the late 1990s. Their mini-album SONIKBUNKIJEOM (Break Even Point?) is generally considered a classic, with its miserable ajeossi/Tom Waits vibe (although Baik dislikes being compared to Waits, I think there are obvious reasons people do so). But for my money, the best UH UH BOO song was “Eohang Sok-ui Dabang - Gaejugeum,” from their second album, DOG, LUCKY STAR.


(Cross-posted at Korea Gig Guide)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude! Thank you! I'm so crazy about the Uh Uh Boo Band, and I will definitely have to pick this up. Wish it was still possible to get a copy of any of their CDs. (Sold out everywhere, and all I have is a couple of EPs!)