NOTES ON ENTERTAINMENT, CULTURE AND MORE FROM KOREA (OR WHEREVER)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Good Muse From Korea's Underground

Still not many blog updates while I work on some other things.

In the meantime, I have been really impressed at the interest in Korea’s (real) music scene out there in the blog world. Reminds me of the interest in the movie scene around 8-10 years ago.
Indieful ROK
Koreapop
Stuck With Free Music
KOA Zine

While at Koreapop.org, I found a very interesting link to this page, which is basically a big list of old Asian rock and pop album covers from the 1960s. Mostly Singapore stuff, with some other tidbits throw in. You have got to love the funky stylings of that era. I am so jealous of that guy’s collection.

  • Oh, and I suppose I should mention that Rain (Jung Ji-hoon) announced his first starring role in a Hollywood film. NINJA ASSASSIN, to be made for Warner Bros, directed by James McTeigue (V FOR VENDETTA) and produced by the Wachowski Brothers. Jung has signed to William Morris, too, which means some pretty powerful people are now working on his career. Good for Jung.

  • No comments: